We are pleased to announce the 4th Symposium on Diabetes in Humanitarian Crises, taking place on May 9-10, 2024 at the Royal Olympic Hotel in Athens, Greece. Virtual attendance options will be available. The symposium is hosted by the International Alliance for Diabetes Action (IADA) in collaboration with the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine Centre for Global Chronic Conditions (LSHTM CGCC), and generously supported by The Leona M. and Harry B. Helmsley Charitable Trust.
- Dates: May 9-10, 2024
- Venue: Royal Olympic Hotel, Athens, Greece
- Virtual Attendance: Available for those unable to attend in person
- Agenda: Agenda details will be forthcoming and will be listed on this page.
- Registration: Register for the event here - https://bit.ly/DMinCrises
Call for Abstracts:
Researchers and practitioners are invited to submit abstracts for oral or poster presentations, with both in-person and remote participation options. Guidelines for submission can be found by clicking here.
Oral presentations will be presented in-person or remotely during the symposium. Poster presentations will be printed posters at the symposium accompanied by an optional pre-recorded audio/video of the presentation.
This year, investigators have the opportunity to receive feedback to refine their abstracts before the submission deadline (more details to come).
- For investigators seeking pre-submission feedback: February 21, 2024
- General abstract submission deadline: March 15, 2024
Funding for travel and attendance to the symposium will be provided for the presenter of the prize-winning abstract.
We hope to welcome you to Athens, whether in person or virtually! Please register now and submit your abstract to be part of the conversation.
Should you have any questions, feel free to reach out to Anna Nakayama at email@example.com.